Hiern Avenue was probably named for the entire Hiern family. Roger Alden Hiern was one of the original sales agents promoting land sales and constructed the lighthouse in 1831. Finley Bottm Hiern was the first mayor of Pass Christian and the first president of the Harrisson County Board of Police, Cornelia Hiern bought one of the first lots from Edward Livingston along with her husband, Charles Shipman, and Miss Catherine Hiern was the lighthouse keeper from 1844 to 1861.
136* West 1925
This story-and-a-half, frame, gable-roofed bungalow has an inset gallery supported by coupled square columns. A geometric lattice screen links the columns. Centered shed-roofed dormer. One of the most exemplary bungalows in the district. Historic Note: At this site was the home of Miss C.A. Hiern, daughter of Finley Hiern, the town’s first mayor and second Lighthouse Keeper, and after him, was appointed the Lighthouse Keeper from 1844 to 1861. She was also the town’s Postmistress.
Some other owners were E.A. Lang, L.W. Alston,
* Lang Oak, 440 years old.