110 W Scenic
110 West circa 1920s
This is a large boxy two-story, stuccoed, hip-roofed, mission-style dwelling. It has a three-bay double-tiered stilted-arcade, with an inset gallery that dominates the facade with cast iron balustrade. It has coupled windows on the side elevations.
It has remained primarily vacant – lending to demolishment by negligence. Some former owners were Drucilla Courtenay, Justin Courtenay,
Historic Note: In 1831, most of the 100 block west of Market Street was originally acquired by Orleanian John Hewlett from U.S. Senator Edward Livingston, then of New Orleans.