Like most of the streets that are perpendicular to Beach Boulevard, those land holders that had cut a roadway on their boundaries to reach the back road had eventually donated or sold the right-of-way to the City in exchange for continued maintenance.
DB 337, 434 8-22-1950 Deed of Dedication
For $1, from City of Pass Christian, Mrs Madeleine Bourne Hackett conveyed a 21' wide strip of land ranging from the Beach to Second St. which was dedicated for use as a public street. W= Hackett residence, E= Stern
733 E Scenic Dr
Built in 1920 on 150 foot frontage
Also known as “Our Anchor.”
A modest, one-story, frame, four-bay cottage with steeply pitched gabled roof. It has an inset gallery with square columns. The home has overhanging eaves, with a late-nineteenth-century cast-iron fence that encloses the property on its south boundary. The tin roof and floor-to-ceiling windows make it a classic design. Restoration was performed by Bill Kidd and contractor Horace Labat. The interior was gutted and remodeled. Some prior owners or tenants were J.J. Hayden, Alfred Stern, James McCutchon, Eugene Hayden.